Baltimore, MD - Feb. 28, 2023 - Alcohol is a part of many Purim celebrations. If drinking, Hatzalah of Baltimore encourages responsible drinking.
- Do not drive after drinking. People who consume alcohol are unaware of their level of impairment. Just a few drinks more than doubles the risk of a motor vehicle accident.
- Remove access to motor vehicles prior to drinking.
- Designate a responsible driver.
- Its OK to take away the keys from someone who drinks and plans to drive.
- Large quantities of alcohol can result in injuries and death
- Risk of trauma increases when drinking which can result in head, neck and other injuries from falls.
- Only drink when a responsible adult is present who can recognize serious injuries and take away alcohol when enough is enough.
Hatzalah should be called when a person is injured, unarousable or has depressed breathing. When Hatzalah is called for an intoxicated patient, they will be transported to the emergency room.
Hatzalah wishes you and your family a safe and freilichen Purim.