Baltimore, MD - Jan.26, 2020:
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Royal Farms is trying to build a gas station next to its existing store at the corner of Smith Avenue and Old Pimlico Road. We strongly oppose this action within a residential neighborhood at an already busy intersection.
Such an establishment will result in:
1. Risk of increased level of crime, which already exists at this site.
2. Danger to children crossing the street into an already packed parking lot with limited visibility.
3. Increased risk of health hazards and damage to the environment due to gas emissions, exposure to toxic chemicals, and air & soil pollution.
4. Additional traffic congestion leading to chance of bodily injury and longer traffic delays.
5. Danger to adults and children walking to adjacent synagogue.
6. Increased noise level at all hours of the day and night.
7. Uprooting of the few remaining trees on site.
8. Decreased home property values.
Below is a link to an online petition which requires full names and addresses. Your names, addresses, and comments will not be displayed to the public.
In order for us to successfully prevent the dangers associated with a gas station in the middle of a residential area, it is imperative that we gather as many signatures as possible on this petition. A husband and wife may sign the petition together. It will count as one household and two people.
Please note: the previous Care2 petition was not valid. Even if you signed it, please be sure to sign this one.
There will be a public Planning Board meeting of County Council District 2 on Thursday, March 5th at 6 p.m. at Pikesville Senior High School to discuss the 2020 Comprehensive Zoning Map Process (CZMP). The public sign-in for speaking will be at 5 p.m. with each person allotted two minutes. The more people who attend, the bigger the impact.
In addition, please mark Tuesday, June 16th at 6 p.m. on your calendars, as there will be another hearing at Pikesville Senior High to update the public about the work of the County Council District 2 since March 5th. For those who want to speak, 5:15 PM is the sign-in time.
Please sign this petition and forward it to as many friends and neighbors as you can for the safety of our neighborhood.
Thank you very much for your participation.
Committee to Stop Royal Farms Gas Station on Smith and Old Pimlico